Thank you Piney Lakes Environmental Education Centre for hosting our MYO Beeswax Wraps Workshop last week – a great start to 2018 for this fun and friendly group!
For those participants who have been asking, here it is:
THE BEESWAX WRAP RECIPE
You need 3 main ingredients: beeswax, powdered pine resin, and coconut oil.
1. Lay your fabric on a sheet of baking paper.
2. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of pine resin evenly over the fabric. Crush any little chunks of resin with the back of your spoon. Place a sheet of baking paper, and iron until melted. Remove top sheet of baking paper.
3. Sprinkle grated beeswax, as if topping cheese on a pizza. Place baking paper, and iron until all melted. Look out for any dry patches that need extra beeswax, and top up. Make sure the fabric is completely coated with beeswax.
4. Pick up your fabric, holding just the top corners, and air dry by waving it around.
5. Lightly paint coconut oil onto your fabric – about 1 teaspoon’s worth. Scrunch into a ball a few times to impregnate the fabric.
Now, the fun part: test to see if it works! Scrunch the fabric into a ball. If it stays nice and tight, without coming undone – you have yourself a beeswax wrap!
Interested in hosting a MYO Beeswax Wraps Workshop for your event?
For more information or to request a quote, email [email protected] or call our Perth office 9360 6667.