Green Skills is a key partner in the Gondwana Link an iconic landscape scale conservation project with an international reputation.
Green Skills focuses primarily on the Forests to Stirling section and works collaboratively with a large number of organisations, stakeholders and landholders to restore ecological connectivity in that part of the Link. The work is guided by a Conservation Action Plan which Green Skills had a significant role in developing.
Guided by the CAP, Green Skills has coordinated a large number of initiatives:
- Extensive surveys, mapping and management reports to guide restoration activities;
- Assisting landholders to fence off bushland and wetlands;
- Working with Shire of Cranbrook to survey and control weeds in roadside vegetation;
- A substantial program of community awareness raising workshops and community events.
- Forest to Stirlings – a nature conservation plan (Feb ’12)
- Landscape Plan for Forests to Stirlings – Summary (Mar ’11) – 1.9Mb PDF
- Stirlings to Forests Conservation Planning- Sections Two & Three: Porongurup Ranges to Mount Lindesay; Stirling Range to Mount Lindesay (Jan ’09)
- Landscape Planning for Gondwana Link (Forest to Stirling) (Dec ’08)