The Denmark Upcycle Collective
Our aim is to reduce landfill through upcycling materials that were rescued from the waste stream by encouraging, supporting and connecting makers, artists and crafters in the Denmark area through the Denmark Tip Shop.
For various reasons, a lot of valuable clothing is landfilled and in
The Denmark Upcycle Collective aims to have a direct impact on the waste stream by encouraging individuals to focus on using
Membership to the Collective will provide
- discounted rates at the Rescued Textiles Shed,
- personal access to the Sewing Shed which includes the use of sewing machines, overlockers, irons and workspace,
- hire of the sewing shed to run workshops,
- insurance cover under Greenskills to run personal workshops,
- reduced fees for upcycle workshops,
- inclusion in selling platforms like Instagram, market stalls and pop-up shops as part of the Collective.
The Collective will also meet for sewing bees at the Tip Shop Sewing Shed.
The Collective can support small scale makers by providing a selling platform for their works. It can benefit community members through
The Collective is a group that is connected to the Denmark Tip Shop. Annual membership is $20. On joining, members are required to attend a one-off safety induction at the Tip Shop, which will provide insurance cover.
Being a member of the Collective will not allow access to the sorting shed at the Tip Shop. It will only allow access to the Textile Rescue Shed. Twice a week the waste stream textiles will be sorted by a volunteer and stored in the shed. Contact Ruth Maddren on 0427991459 to organise a time to shop for your making supplies at the Textiles Rescue Shed .
Welcome to the Denmark Upcycle Collective!